Monday, January 5, 2009

Early Keith Urban




I love to listen to Keith's early songs,"Got It Bad" and"Only You" are favourites of mine.In "Got It Bad" he hits the very high notes right at the end,he has an amazing range.I don't know much about music in that respect ,but would like to know if Keith's range is normal.He also surprised me in the song"I hear you Knocking",he yodels.That's the only time I have ever heard him yodel so I guess it's not a preference of his.




The version of "Blue Stranger"Keith did for his album "Keith Urban 1991" was originally recorded by Paul Kelly. Keith sounded like the"Aussie"he is, as he had yet to adopt his "twang" which came out in future songs after he had been in the States for a while.




Over the years Keith's voice has matured so much,I sometimes find it hard to realise that "Once in a Lifetime"and "Got it Bad" are sung by the same person.There are a lot of his early songs that I have never seen on youtube and by chance they are from the 1991 album Keith made in Australia.




Some of these songs such as,"Only You","Got it Bad","Yesterday"and "Hold on toYour Dreams" in their origional form or as reworks would be a treat for lovers of Keiths early music.




ps Not forgetting "The River"








No comments:

Post a Comment